How exciting, I was nominated for a little blogger award. Joining the blogging world, again, has been lots of fun, and I am shocked how many people seem to care about what I have to say. I truly appreciate it and it has been wonderful for me to come to place to write down some of our adventures and sharing them with like-minded people.
So thank you http://homeschoolwithyoutube.com/ for the nomination 🙂 I hope I am doing this all correctly now and am following the rules 😀 This is all new territory !!
The Liebster Award is something within the blogging world that is passed on from one new blogger to the next. It is an honor to receive a nomination because it means your blog has been recognized for its potential to grow and reach others…. and someone liked it enough to give it to you!
So here are the 10 questions I was asked !!
1. What prompted you to start your blog?
I wanted to have a place to document our homeschool life. I had a photography blog before, but now that we have fully committed to homeschooling, I wanted to document and write even more. Writing has always been a passion, but I never felt like I could actually do it.
2. What type of books do you like to read aloud to your children?
We really love all kinds of books. Our favorites right now are obviously ( if you know us or looked through the blog a little) Geronimo Stilton books. We go to the library pretty often and come home with stacks and stacks of books, since the limit is up to 50 books !!
3. What is your favorite subject to teach? Why?
Hmm difficult questions. I don’t know how much I actually teach. I believe that we homeschool moms are really more like the facilitator. I leave a lot of room for open discussion, mainly “when we do school” we explore the subjects together. We really enjoy our talks about history . So I guess I would say history 🙂
4. What is your favorite day of the week?
Our schedule is so crazy by now that I would almost say we don’t have one anymore. My husband works an odd schedule, so we really don’t have a Monday through Friday kind of week anymore, and no ordinary weekends either. I would say Park day 🙂 Whichever day that might be that week !
5. Advice for other homeschoolers?
Don’t stress it and enjoy your time with your kids. Try to make learning fun and deschool, if they need it at the beginning. If you get your kids curious about the world, they will want to learn more all on their own.
6. How do your keep track of your child’s learning?
I write down what we do each day, we follow a curriculum in a loose way and I keep most of their achieved papers. We don’t do tests, because they prove to me on a daily basis what they know and where we might have to dig a little deeper again.
7. What is the best field trip you have ever gone on?
Well if you consider 6 weeks of Europe a field trip maybe that one 🙂 Our vacation last year was amazing. We visited so many museums, castles, cities. It was unforgettable and full of learning !
8. Do you have a school room? Can you post a pic?
Sure we do and I am most thankful we have one. I read many arguments about it at the beginning. Some say, yes, some say no. We like having ours. Its our space. Our mess. And I CAN CLOSE THE DOOR to it, when I need it out of sight. The kids are allowed in it at all times, and can create whatever they like, whenever they like. Everything is available to them, even a library with all their books !
9. Do you belong to a homeschool group?
Yes we do. I started my own little group at the beginning and met some wonderful people. Then I was introduced to a larger group in the area and we joined them. Now we have huge playdates, field trips and co-op opportunities.
10. What is your favorite movie?
Hmm, I love good comedy and sometimes action movies. I love documentaries and historic movies. I don’t think I have a favorite at the moment.. I know so boring 🙂
And now it’s time for me to pass the torch…
Here are the official rules:
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers
- Thank and link to the nominating blog
- Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
- Nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they’ve been nominated
- Write a post containing the questions
- Include these rules in the post
So here are my 10 questions for my nominees
1. How long have you been homeschooling ?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go ?
3. What has been the most amazing moment in your homeschool journey ?
4. If you could take your kids on any kid of field trip, what would it be ?
5. What was the silliest argument, you were confronted with, not to homeschool ?
6. What are your hobbies ?
7. Does your homeschool, have a name ?
8. What is your favorite season ?
9. How many languages do you speak ?
10. What do you wish for your future ?
And I nominate these 10 blogs